Posts Tagged ‘problem’
In the past ten years, boarding schools or boarding schools in Indonesia a lot of popping. especially in areas close to large cities. not in remote areas or in big cities. Education levels are generally high school. For example, in high school there Sukabumi Al Bayan Islamic School Excellence, in any high school Semarang Universe, in Makasar there Athirah high school, and much more. Rarely or hardly any boarding school for elementary school children or students. The question is whether boarding school is a trend or a solution of the present child’s education?
We can not deny the present problem the students became more complex, especially the problem of negative social and environmental influences such as drugs, smoking, fighting and other immoral acts. Especially in big cities. Teenagers are more likely to follow lifestyle and behavior that is less positive in their environment, such as a lavish lifestyle, dating, and freedom too far. This is a concern for most parents who are very concerned about the future of her son. For the parents (especially those earning more than enough) entrusts her child’s education at boarding school.
There are several advantages compared to conventional schools boarding schools. Among them are:
1. Ease of supervision. Students in boarding schools will be controlled daily, because they are not freely in and out of school, so it almost does not allow them to violence or negative influences in society.
2. Development and optimization services. Learning needs of students will continue to be facilitated and served as much as possible. This is because students are close to the source of learning, good teachers, library, internet and others.
3. Establishment of independence and maturity. Students become more independent as far as the parents so that their own personal use should be addressed. Feed themselves, wash themselves, to learn independently and manage their own time.
4. Parents work efficiency. Parents are not too busy taking care of or pay attention to her daughter and son are not too concerned about the environment is not good for her son, so the job of parents is also not disturbed and more productive in accordance with the field work.
5. Effectiveness of transportation. This is because students living complex with a school, so students need not feel tired waiting for public transportation or in crowded buses and avoid delays come in the classroom.
6. Students are more likely to interact with their peers so easy to work together and help each other if there are difficulties in learning.
7. Cultivation of moral values and also more intensive service provided to students. For children who finish school after returning home, the values that the teacher can be erased without a trace if the child has a less positive environment.
8. Coordination and communication between teachers and teachers, teachers with students or students with students more effectively.
9. Academic coaching students are also more optimal. So many of the boarding school students who won various tournaments or competitions in both academic and non academic.
And many more advantages than the boarding school with a public school that is only open from morning to afternoon or evening. It is expected the government to open a unit that is boarding school education to address issues of social and education to the children of the nation.
Comission on Instructional Technology, 1970:
A systematic way of designing, implementing, and evaluating the whole process of teaching and learning in the form of specific learning objectives, based on research in learning theory and communication in humans and using a combination of learning resources from human and non-human to make learning more effective.
Thus, this concept by main purpose of learning technology is to make a more effective learning. How can it be done? By way of designing, implementing and evaluating systematically based on the theory of communication and learning course, and utilize all the resources both human and non-human. thus, since the 1970′s, there was a view that human beings (in this case the teacher) is not the only source of learning.
AECT (1972): T
Education technology is a field / discipline in facilitating human learning through the identification, development, and utilization organizing systematically through the entire resource management process of learning and all that.
Similar but not identical, is not it? Based on this understanding, clearly said that educational technology is a discipline that focuses on facilitating learning in humans. So the object of formal education within the meaning of this technology is how to facilitate learning. In what ways? Through the identification, development, and utilization of systematically organizing all learning resources. In addition, through the good and proper management of the process rather than development, and utilization organizing systematically all the learning resources.
Technology Education is a complex process that includes an integrated people, procedures, ideas, facilities and organization for analyzing problems and designing, implementing, assessing and managing problem solving in all aspects of human learning.
This is the definition of the most “complicated” in my opinion. But, it is clear according to this sense that the formal object education technology is solving the problem of human learning. Done by analyzing an issue first, then implement, assess and manage the solution of the problem.
Instructional technology is the theory and practice in designing, developing, utilizing, managing, and assessing the processes and learning resources.
This definition is more operational than the formula in 1977 which I think is too complicated. This definition confirms the existence of five domains (areas) of learning technology, namely the design, development areas, the utilization, management area, and areas for process assessment and learning resources. A learning technologist can only focus on one area of his claim in the region.
Tom Cutchall (1999) definition according Cutchal AECT definition is the same as 1994. He stressed that learning technology is a research and behavioral science applications and theory of learning by using a systems approach to the analysis, design, development, implementation, evaluation and management of the use of technology to help solve the problem of learning and performance. The ultimate goal is the use of technology (soft-hard-technology and technology) to help solve the problem of learning and performance human.
This is a new definition which states that educational technology is the study and ethical practice in an effort to facilitate learning and improve performance by creating, using / utilizing, and managing the process and sources of appropriate technology. Clearly, the ultimate goal remains to facilitate learning (to be effective, efficient and attractive / Joyfull) and improve performance.
Based on the above definitions can be concluded that:
• learning technologies / technology education is a discipline / field (field of study)
• the terms learning technology is used interchangeably with the term educational technology
• The main purpose of learning technologies are (1) to solve the problem of learning or facilitate learning, and (2) to improve performance;
• to realize the approach SYSTEM(yag holistic approach / comprehensive, not partial approach);
• the learning technology may include activities related to the analysis, design, development, utilization, management, implementation and evaluation processes as well as learning resources.
• learning technologies are not only engaged in schooling but also in all human activities (such as businesses, families, community organizations, etc.) to the extent related to efforts to suss out the problem of learning and performance improvement.
• is the technology here is a technology in the broadest sense, not just the physical technology (hardtech), but also soft technology (softtech)
Incoming search terms:
- what is education technology