Archive for February, 2012
In the past ten years, boarding schools or boarding schools in Indonesia a lot of popping. especially in areas close to large cities. not in remote areas or in big cities. Education levels are generally high school. For example, in high school there Sukabumi Al Bayan Islamic School Excellence, in any high school Semarang Universe, in Makasar there Athirah high school, and much more. Rarely or hardly any boarding school for elementary school children or students. The question is whether boarding school is a trend or a solution of the present child’s education?
We can not deny the present problem the students became more complex, especially the problem of negative social and environmental influences such as drugs, smoking, fighting and other immoral acts. Especially in big cities. Teenagers are more likely to follow lifestyle and behavior that is less positive in their environment, such as a lavish lifestyle, dating, and freedom too far. This is a concern for most parents who are very concerned about the future of her son. For the parents (especially those earning more than enough) entrusts her child’s education at boarding school.
There are several advantages compared to conventional schools boarding schools. Among them are:
1. Ease of supervision. Students in boarding schools will be controlled daily, because they are not freely in and out of school, so it almost does not allow them to violence or negative influences in society.
2. Development and optimization services. Learning needs of students will continue to be facilitated and served as much as possible. This is because students are close to the source of learning, good teachers, library, internet and others.
3. Establishment of independence and maturity. Students become more independent as far as the parents so that their own personal use should be addressed. Feed themselves, wash themselves, to learn independently and manage their own time.
4. Parents work efficiency. Parents are not too busy taking care of or pay attention to her daughter and son are not too concerned about the environment is not good for her son, so the job of parents is also not disturbed and more productive in accordance with the field work.
5. Effectiveness of transportation. This is because students living complex with a school, so students need not feel tired waiting for public transportation or in crowded buses and avoid delays come in the classroom.
6. Students are more likely to interact with their peers so easy to work together and help each other if there are difficulties in learning.
7. Cultivation of moral values and also more intensive service provided to students. For children who finish school after returning home, the values that the teacher can be erased without a trace if the child has a less positive environment.
8. Coordination and communication between teachers and teachers, teachers with students or students with students more effectively.
9. Academic coaching students are also more optimal. So many of the boarding school students who won various tournaments or competitions in both academic and non academic.
And many more advantages than the boarding school with a public school that is only open from morning to afternoon or evening. It is expected the government to open a unit that is boarding school education to address issues of social and education to the children of the nation.
In general, students who have graduated from high school, SMEA, vocational and other equivalent level of study will continue well into the university Affairs / State Universities and Private Colleges / PTS. On college students by subject matter contained choosing majors courses taken. Each department has a material and the nature of learning is different. Programs that have similar characteristics will be combined in a school, college, high school, and so forth.
Choosing a subject is not an easy affair and not a trivial issue. Many factors must be considered and thought through. Chose in haste without taking into account all aspects would be fatal to late start of awareness that the majors are not taken in accordance with the personality to the drop out / DO or the issuance of a student / student for allegedly not able to follow the education that followed. Thus the selection of majors as early as possible to begin to be considered. Select one department is a disaster and great loss for you in the future.
Way of choosing a university majoring in either:
1. Adjusting Goals, Interests and Talents
For those who already have certain ideals, then look majors what can bring to the profession or occupation is desired. Do not choose a geodesic engineering if you want to be a gynecologist, and do not also choose Java if the literary department aspires to be a cop.
Adjust the direction you want to take their interests and talents. If you do not like the calculations do not take a math major and if you do not like to draw majored in civil engineering. Then look at your current talent. Develop existing talent accompanied by a sense of love and ideals in a major study would be the right choice.
2. Perfect Information
Look for lots of information for your consideration to choose a major. Search and explore information from many sources such as parents, siblings, teachers, friends, Bimbel, neighbors, consultants, education, seniors, friends of students, professionals, and others. Do not be easily influenced by others who are less controlled information or went along with friends / trend.
Internet is also a free media and the right to ask the people in it about what we want to know. Search the site forum or chat via messenger with a trustworthy person. All information obtained is summarized and used as materials to help choose a major.
3. Location and Cost
For people who live in the economic, majors would not be a problem. Costs will be borne either be simple study of expenditures, cost of living, location of residence, and so forth. For the lower middle class, location and cost is an issue that really counts.
If funds are limited then choose a course location close to the residence or location outside the city that has a low cost of living. Choose well where the cost of college education is not too high. If funds are not sufficient later, then look for scholarships, waivers, work part time / freelance or sponsor to meet the needs of your funds. Do not make money as well as factors that greatly hinder your future.
4. Capacity Programs / Opportunities Received
Consider the capacity of a department in the PTN and PTS favorites. Generally have a limited quantity and contested by many. Do not burden yourself with the target to study in a particular place is a favorite with certain majors. You can be stressful if you will not be fulfilled. Make lots of options and their college department.
Measure the ability to see the extent to which opportunities occupies a department in a favorite place. The existence of a pure mass selection as SNMPTN and others can tackle the future of your studies if not prepared carefully and taken into account. Study the problems of selection and follow the exam you try out as an experiment in measuring the skills you have.
But do not be too inferior to the results obtained. If the SNCA there are 2 majors to choose from, pick one subject and where you aspire to and one other department or other appropriate location or slightly below your ability.
5. Future Careers and Employment
Look to the future after you graduate. Did you take the direction you’ll be able to take you to get a job and a good career? Many departments are now unemployed graduates not working. Not only people of a particular department that can work in a profession, because of the current recruitment company in search of employment do not see anyone from any educational background, but also experience. But if the competence, courage and ability far from normal people, then you take any subject is fine.
Let caution and common sense you talk without any interference from others. Consult with parents and other people you trust. The selection of a study will determine your future. Good luck.