Archive for November, 2011
Comission on Instructional Technology, 1970:
A systematic way of designing, implementing, and evaluating the whole process of teaching and learning in the form of specific learning objectives, based on research in learning theory and communication in humans and using a combination of learning resources from human and non-human to make learning more effective.
Thus, this concept by main purpose of learning technology is to make a more effective learning. How can it be done? By way of designing, implementing and evaluating systematically based on the theory of communication and learning course, and utilize all the resources both human and non-human. thus, since the 1970′s, there was a view that human beings (in this case the teacher) is not the only source of learning.
AECT (1972): T
Education technology is a field / discipline in facilitating human learning through the identification, development, and utilization organizing systematically through the entire resource management process of learning and all that.
Similar but not identical, is not it? Based on this understanding, clearly said that educational technology is a discipline that focuses on facilitating learning in humans. So the object of formal education within the meaning of this technology is how to facilitate learning. In what ways? Through the identification, development, and utilization of systematically organizing all learning resources. In addition, through the good and proper management of the process rather than development, and utilization organizing systematically all the learning resources.
Technology Education is a complex process that includes an integrated people, procedures, ideas, facilities and organization for analyzing problems and designing, implementing, assessing and managing problem solving in all aspects of human learning.
This is the definition of the most “complicated” in my opinion. But, it is clear according to this sense that the formal object education technology is solving the problem of human learning. Done by analyzing an issue first, then implement, assess and manage the solution of the problem.
Instructional technology is the theory and practice in designing, developing, utilizing, managing, and assessing the processes and learning resources.
This definition is more operational than the formula in 1977 which I think is too complicated. This definition confirms the existence of five domains (areas) of learning technology, namely the design, development areas, the utilization, management area, and areas for process assessment and learning resources. A learning technologist can only focus on one area of his claim in the region.
Tom Cutchall (1999) definition according Cutchal AECT definition is the same as 1994. He stressed that learning technology is a research and behavioral science applications and theory of learning by using a systems approach to the analysis, design, development, implementation, evaluation and management of the use of technology to help solve the problem of learning and performance. The ultimate goal is the use of technology (soft-hard-technology and technology) to help solve the problem of learning and performance human.
This is a new definition which states that educational technology is the study and ethical practice in an effort to facilitate learning and improve performance by creating, using / utilizing, and managing the process and sources of appropriate technology. Clearly, the ultimate goal remains to facilitate learning (to be effective, efficient and attractive / Joyfull) and improve performance.
Based on the above definitions can be concluded that:
• learning technologies / technology education is a discipline / field (field of study)
• the terms learning technology is used interchangeably with the term educational technology
• The main purpose of learning technologies are (1) to solve the problem of learning or facilitate learning, and (2) to improve performance;
• to realize the approach SYSTEM(yag holistic approach / comprehensive, not partial approach);
• the learning technology may include activities related to the analysis, design, development, utilization, management, implementation and evaluation processes as well as learning resources.
• learning technologies are not only engaged in schooling but also in all human activities (such as businesses, families, community organizations, etc.) to the extent related to efforts to suss out the problem of learning and performance improvement.
• is the technology here is a technology in the broadest sense, not just the physical technology (hardtech), but also soft technology (softtech)
Incoming search terms:
- what is education technology
Selecting majors sometimes be a problem for students. What happens if you do not know what the interests and talents from the start. As a result, many felt that the poor service when attending conferences. Before this happens, less than five points in question are themselves before making a decision. What are they?
1. What do you like?Know and recognize what you want. Do not choose a major simply because it follows the choices of others or with good friends. Make a decision, talk to your little hearts, and select it for a living!2. You are good at something?You should know the strengths in a particular sector. It can be measured by examining how the response of people around you with what results. For example, if you still get a compliment from a performance or work of art? If you have a natural inclination towards the interests and skills, can be considered as an option for the majors to give.3. What profession you want to live?Do you want a teacher, doctor or lawyer to be? Do not limit yourself to do things in this area. Do you want a doctor, but have an interest in literature majors take a look to make your choice.4. What are the skills you want to learn?You must be clear, what skills should be further taken into account when choosing a profession or field. finance translation . For example, you love theater and dream of your plan to spend time on the ground, then try to find what skills must be mastered if you want to get through. Or, if you want a company from the beginning, you the ins and outs of the business, ethics, marketing, public relations and services to learn. Carefully select the department that makes you interested.5. What factors should be considered?Many students choose a major because the affected family, financial or cultural. While exploring the direction you choose, remember that the external stressors that affect your life on campus from all sides. Finding the meaning that you can give balance to your dream home and foreign aid will better control the situation.